Tags: logistics jobs construction jobs construction work
Quantity Surveyor job description
Quantity surveyors play a key role in every large construction projects. They calculate. Monitor, and control the costs of a construction project to ensure value for money. They liaise with other experts (like engineers) to ensure a project meeets legal andquality standards.
Types of projects range from housing and industrial sites, as well as retail, right through to commercial developments, roads, rail, and waterways.
Main accountabilities of Quantity Surveyor are:
- Carrying out feasibility studies to estimate costs of material, time, and labour
- Sourcing and purchasing building materials
- Preparing contracts that include quantities of required materials
- Creating reports to record ongoing cost analysis of planning and building work
- Arranging payments to contractors
- Visiting sites in order to make assessments for future work
Is that job for you?
Being successful Quantity Surveyor in Myanmar, a good knowledge of all levels of construction, along with a clear understanding of Building Regulations, are musts.
You must be able to work well as part of a team, meaning good communication skills and the ability to negotiate costs effectively are vital traits for this role. As you’ll be working with numbers for the most part of your job, excellent maths and IT skills are also a must.
Other necessary skills and attributes for a Quantity Surveyor include:
- Extensive knowledge of commercial building methods, materials, and legislation
- Budget tracking skills, analytical skils, numerical skills to calculate costs
- A technical mind and a methodical approach to problem -solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication
You should hols a degree in qualtity surveying, however, you may be able to také conversion course to qualify as a surveyor.
Ehome Smart Technology Co., Ltd.
We are a well established foreign company engaged in the distribution of home care & kitchen appliances and healthcare products. ...
Show the postings (2)
..Qatar Airways is proud to be one of the youngest global airlines to serve all six continents, and thanks to our customers’ response to our offerings, we are also the fastest-growing airline in the...
Show the postings (1)
British American Tobacco (BAT)
Many issues affect not only us and our industry, but also our suppliers and consumers. We try to tackle these both in the way we work as a business and through positively engaging with governments and...
Show the postings (3)
M.Interior Design Co., Ltd
Interior DesignHome page of boutique design firm lead by interior designer Mya Myitzu who returned to Myanmar after working in a Beverly Hills design firm. ...
Show the postings (1)
The newest articles
Most popular articles
- Jobinyangon.com @ Yangon ICT Fair 2014 - Tatmadaw Hall
Yangon ICT Fair 2014 တြင္ လာေရာက္ၾကည့္ရွုၾကေသာ ဧည့္သည္မ်ားကို Jobsinyangon.com မွ အလုပ္အကိုင္ေလွ်ာက္ထားျခင္းႏွင့္ ပတ္သတ္သည့္ Message မ်ားကို ေ၀ငွခဲ့ပါသည္။
- "Cover Letter တစ္ေစာင္ ဘယ္လိုေရးမလဲ"
CV ႏွင့္အတူ ပူးတြဲေလွ်ာက္ရတဲ့ Cover Letter နဲ႔ပက္သက္ျပီးလည္း ေျပာျပခ်င္ပါတယ္။
- The Irrawaddy Jobseeker promotion
The Irrawaddy helps Jobseekers in Myanmar to get a better JOBS.
- PART TIME job search TIPS
Finding part-time jobs today is very easy if you use the following tips. With these tips will you can create a very good impression on your employers and get valuable references for future employment. These tips will set you apart from the crowd.
- CV တစ္ေစာင္ေရးသားျခင္း အပုိင္း (၃)
CV တစ္ေစာင္ ေရးသားျခင္းသည္ အလုပ္ရွာသူမ်ား မျဖစ္မေန ႀကံဳေတြ႕ရမည့္ အေျခအေန ျဖစ္သည္။ ထိုအေျခအေနကို ေအာင္ျမင္စြာ အခက္အခဲမရွိ ေက်ာ္ျဖတ္ႏိုင္မည္ဆိုပါက သင္၏ အလုပ္တစ္ေနရာအတြက္ အလုပ္ရွင္ႏွင့္ လူကိုယ္တိုင္ေတြ႔ဆံုႏိုင္မည့္ အခြင့္အေရးတစ္ခုကို ရရွိႏိုင္မည္ျဖစ္သည္။