Tags: job interview cover letter Myanmar hr advice screening job candidates candidates work my jo
Screening of the candidates should be complete by following steps:
Step 1 Review CV and Cover letter
Step 2 Conduct a phone interview
Step 3 Identify shortlisted candidates
1. Review CV and Cover letters
First step is to review the CV and Cover letter with focus on following points;
- Experience, education level and skills required by the position
- The last 5 years Jobs experience with comparison to position needs
- Gaps in employment if any and explanation
- Career development
- Candidate company loyalty
Importance of cover letter is that will give you an impression of the candidate writing style and his/her passion for the job.
When reviewing the Cover letter, pay attention to;
- Is it clear?
- Does the candidate have an understanding of the job requirement?
- What is the level of the grammar errors?
LETTERS OF REFERENCE
Letters of reference is not often used in the initial Job application and might be provided upon request only. However, if they are included, pay attention to the source of the references:
- Are they from recent job or from long ago?
- Who is are the references, direct managers or from peers and personal contacts?
- Are they references relevant to the jobs?
The Cover letters, CV and letters of reference can give you the first indication of the candidate’s capability to execute the required Job position.
2. Conduct phone interviews
The next step in the screening the candidate is phone interview. The purposes of the phone interview are:
- Verifies if the candidate is active and available for new position
- Will give feedback about the candidate verbal communication skills and ability to answer interview questions
3. Identify shortlisted candidates
Last step is to conclude the shortlisting the candidates for review of hiring manager. They are as standard following three steps:
- Shortlist 3-5 candidates for review by the hiring manager(s)
- Provide your recommendations and feedback to the hiring manager(s)
- Have the hiring manager(s) review the resumes to select the most suitable candidates for interviews
The newest articles
Most popular articles
- Jobinyangon.com @ Yangon ICT Fair 2014 - Tatmadaw Hall
Yangon ICT Fair 2014 တြင္ လာေရာက္ၾကည့္ရွုၾကေသာ ဧည့္သည္မ်ားကို Jobsinyangon.com မွ အလုပ္အကိုင္ေလွ်ာက္ထားျခင္းႏွင့္ ပတ္သတ္သည့္ Message မ်ားကို ေ၀ငွခဲ့ပါသည္။
- "Cover Letter တစ္ေစာင္ ဘယ္လိုေရးမလဲ"
CV ႏွင့္အတူ ပူးတြဲေလွ်ာက္ရတဲ့ Cover Letter နဲ႔ပက္သက္ျပီးလည္း ေျပာျပခ်င္ပါတယ္။
- The Irrawaddy Jobseeker promotion
The Irrawaddy helps Jobseekers in Myanmar to get a better JOBS.
- PART TIME job search TIPS
Finding part-time jobs today is very easy if you use the following tips. With these tips will you can create a very good impression on your employers and get valuable references for future employment. These tips will set you apart from the crowd.
- CV တစ္ေစာင္ေရးသားျခင္း အပုိင္း (၃)
CV တစ္ေစာင္ ေရးသားျခင္းသည္ အလုပ္ရွာသူမ်ား မျဖစ္မေန ႀကံဳေတြ႕ရမည့္ အေျခအေန ျဖစ္သည္။ ထိုအေျခအေနကို ေအာင္ျမင္စြာ အခက္အခဲမရွိ ေက်ာ္ျဖတ္ႏိုင္မည္ဆိုပါက သင္၏ အလုပ္တစ္ေနရာအတြက္ အလုပ္ရွင္ႏွင့္ လူကိုယ္တိုင္ေတြ႔ဆံုႏိုင္မည့္ အခြင့္အေရးတစ္ခုကို ရရွိႏိုင္မည္ျဖစ္သည္။